Called with Medical ID SafeCard questions

Miami, Florida 5 comments

May 4, 2012 - "SafeCard" called to say I hadn't responded to mail about their offer for this necessary medical card .Brittany had my name, address, and tel.

no. The implication was that this was a mandatory health offer - it sounded free (!) until I asked. $349! She asked for a contact person (which I gave), number of prescriptions, date of birth, and name of bank.

I was wary. I said I wouldn't enroll today but I would read their literature. She referred me to Mark for authorization. He asked for my bank account number.

I refused. He said I could look it up and tell him later. This was a red flag! I hung up.

I hope other senior citizens are alerted.

Review about: Medical Id Card.

Comments

Scam from the "unknown" caller ID.

Here is the contact info for safecard.com

Domain Name.......... safecard.com

Admin Address........ UNITED STATES

Admin Email..........

Admin Phone.......... +1.2124684800

Admin Fax............ +1.2124684888

I just had a telemarketer call me up, call me by my first name like we were old buddy's.Tells me that they haven't sent out my medical ID card yet and want to make sure I get it.

I ask, what medical ID card, he states you know that way EMT will have all your medical information.

In case I am knocked out, tongue ripped out of my mouth or no jaw.So, I ask where will they find this card, Tattood to my ***....No sir, we will mail you your Medical ID card...Oh you mean like the one I got from my Insurance Company.....Bassturd hung up on me.........LOL

I was just contacted by safe card that said that they could provide me with a card that would give paramedics the ability to search what medications I am taking and access to my GP for assistance.I asked them if it was free of charge and ran by the Ontario government.

They said no! but they were a legit company and asked for 349.00 to join and requested my account numbers for access for payment. I said do you think I have a hole in my head and sand is falling out. If this is a free service provided by OHIP or the government I would look into it but how dare you ask me for money and my account numbers.

They then hung up.Please senior citizens and all others concerned

just hang up or suffer the consequences.

I was called as well.The lady "Kristina WEbb" was very pushy.

She immediately wanted me to give her information - "Who do you want listed as your contact person?" I told her "I don't even know how I am affiliated with you. I don't give out information" She said - "WE are doing this in your area right now. It's nationwide". I asked to get her contact number which she said she could not give out and that I would have to talk to her supervisor.

That was it. I hung up the phone. Ridiculous. They do immediately suck you in though - about how you need the car - if you are unconscious in an accident, that the medics will know your medial history because of it - etc.

Very pushy.

Avoided answering some questions.AVOID THEM.

Hi!Just wanted to clarify that www.safecardid.com known as Safe-Card ID provides custom ID card printing to organizations and groups, but we do not do created individual medical ID cards for seniors.

We have received a few calls about this and just wanted too clarify that the provider of these medical cards is a different company.Our toll free number with any questions is 888-485-4696.

View more comments

Safecard- Erica Lopez

Lincoln, Arkansas 9 comments

Had a call from Miss Lopez @ Safe card, saying I will be required to purchase a card with all my medical information and contact information for $349.00 set up fee and $30.00 a year after that.This is to reduce the amounts of deaths each year, because paramedics don't have a patients medical history in case of no communication.

I don't know if this is something that is in the NEW HEALTH CARE or not.

But I am not paying for something over the phone where someone called me.I have been scammed before and it will not happen again.

Review about: Information Card.

Comments

WHY CANT I REACH YOU. I NEED MY 100.00 BACK.

I got a call from SafeCard and they wanted a $349 setup fee.When they would not give me their phone number, that is when I got real suspicious.

Fortunatley they just got my general information. So when I accidently got disconnected I googled safecard. I almost fell for this.

Obviously the are not ligit.:(

Safe Card LLC in Phoenix, Az.These people hit my elderly mother.

Next thing I know she receives a welcome packet with 2 cheesy watches, a cheesy elctronic daytimer, a poorly laminated "Safe Card", a medical health questionaire and a bill for $479 ($150+/- for welcome packet, $30+/- for card, $150+/- for on-line medical history and $110+/- for agent). They had gotten her credit card info and billed. She disputed but the cc company found it to be valid. Lo and behold, next there's a $29.99/month charge showing up and a subsequent $379 charge the next month.

No explanation. These charges are contested.

Impossible to get a hold of them if you call from number they have on record - straight to voicemail.These people are leeches and crooks who prey on confused elderly.

"I told her that was fraud. She should have mentioned the money up front."

You can't expect to ever sell anything if you don't create some value before hitting the potential buyer with the cost.

This is not fraud! It's called sales! Have you ever seen an infomercial before? Sheeesh... get over it!

I actually work at Safe Card.Let me just say right now the person who started this thread is incorrect.

Yes there is a one time system set up fee. There is a fee for ANY service you use. However, there is NOT a $30 per year charge. You were either misinformed or heard what you wanted to.

As for the last who said she looked us up online, you used the wrong site. The main company name is Safeguards. Safe Card is the product name.

Www.safeguardunited.com.We are a completely legal and legit company.

SafeCardID

I work at www.safecardid.com. We provide photo ID supplies and equipment for organizations. We receive calls daily about another company called SafeCard that has charged their credit card incorrectly for a medical card.

We suggest that you contact your bank card customer service and have them verify the merchant number that was used to charge your card. This charge is not placed by www.safecardid.com or Safe-Card ID Services, Inc, but another company that has a similar name.

Please contact us at www.safecardid.com if you need further assistance.

I was called by Safe Card today. She proceeded to get my information by telling me that it was a service they provided to the medical alert personnel in our area before she told me about the $349 set-up fee. Man, was i mad. I told her that was fraud. She should have mentioned the money up front.I told her I was very upset about giving my address to someone I had no idea who they were. The telephone number came in as unidentified. I am a senior and live alone, and I also gave her my daughters name and phone number. I was just plain gullible. I usually know better. But at least I did not give any financial information. It was a complete scam I am sure. I looked up the website and it is closed down and being sold. Scams and frauds are everywhere.

:sigh

I just had someone call me on my cell saying that thay show that my SafeCard was not ship out and that they were going to correct that right away. I asked her if this something I requested and she said no that they were doing random calling and that they were working this area code. I asked her was this something that I was required to have and she said "no however, wouldn't you want to have incase of emergancy" i said No she asked " why not" i said I didn't what it She said " why" my responce was CLICK end call.

View more comments